What You Need To Know About Mosquitoes And Malaria
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES,
EDO UNIVERSITY IYAMHO
What you need to know about mosquitoES and malaria
Malaria has remained a major public health problem in Nigeria.
- Estimated 100 million malaria cases and about
- 300,000 deaths each year
- make Nigeria the country with the highest
- number of malaria casualties worldwide.
- It accounts for over 60% outpatient visits and
- 30% hospital admissions in Nigeria.
The disease has impacted negatively on the economy
with about 132 Billion Naira lost to the disease as cost of
treatment and loss in man-hours (PilgrimAfrica, 2016).